Thousands of people on social media are going crazy after a post about the welcome plant became viral on Tuesday.
On his Facebook account, member Alex Aclan recounted how his child was almost brought to the hospital after the kid chewed a Zamioculcas leaf.
Zamioculcas zamiifolia (ZZ), or commonly called “Welcome plant, good luck plant, or Feng Shui plant” in the Philippines, is one of the favourite indoor plants by most Filipinos.
Alex narrated how his child went crazy after it bit a leaf. He said he wondered why his child cried uncontrollably. He suspected the plant because it was the only thing his child last touch.
Out of curiosity, he bit a leaf and there his suspicion was proven.
He said he felt like poisoned when he can’t explain the taste. His mouth was irritated.
He then gave his child a dose of sugar and followed first aid on a poisoned victim.
Read Alex’s post below.
Although the plant is beautiful to keep inside your house, there is also nothing wrong in putting it outside, or not keeping it at all.
I asked my sister to throw away four pots of Zamioculcas zamiifolia after I found Alex’s post.
If you value your family’s health, better not to keep this kind of plant.
Okd2.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon(.com, .co.uk, .ca etc) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.