San Miguel Foods Inc (SMFI) is the biggest chicken supplier in the country and doing a contract poultry business under them means a multi-million peso business.
Magnolia, which owned by SMFI, is the particular company that manages and distributes the SMFI chicken business around the country. The company has satellite offices in major cities around the country so contacting them directly for big business collaboration is not really a big problem.
So you are here because you want to start your own poultry business but don’t know where to start? If you haven’t visited the Magnolia page that contains a detailed business plan, then continue reading.
Why your poultry business must be under the contract like with Magnolia
If you have enough capital, building a poultry business under contract with Magnolia is the best poultry business option. The major benefits are that you will be provided with the best technology out there, a sure buyer of your product, and other needed support.
Most poultry businesses failed because they have no customers, or their technical knowledge is not enough to operate an independent poultry business.
If you have an idle land which is at least one hectare and have the needed capital to start-up, continue reading.
Application Requirements for New Poultry Contract Growers
(Note: All of the requirements mentioned here are available by contacting your nearest SMFI office, with the contact information provided below)
I. APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Accomplishment of Contract Growing Application Form
2. Site or Farm Inspection
3. Approval of Proposed Site or Farm
4. Submission of Letter of Intent
5. Issuance of Letter of Commitment
6. Submission of Permits
7. Construction of Poultry House
8. Submission of Bond or Collateral
9. Contract Signing
11. Chick Placement
II. INVESTMENT DETAILS
A. Farm Site
• With a minimum lot area of one (1) hectare
• Within an agricultural zone
• One (1) km away from the residential area
• One (1) km away from any nearest poultry or hog farm and related operation
• With a reliable source of electricity and adequate potable water
• Must have an all-weather road (to and from and within the farm), passable to a 10-wheeler truck
• Must be within the following radius from an SMFI dressing plant :
Luzon – 100 km
Visayas / Mindanao – 50 km
B. Document Requirements
• Letter of Intent
• Completely filled-up application form
• 2 pcs. 2×2 picture
• Clear photocopy of latest community tax certificate
• Mayor’s / Business Permit
• BIR Form 2303 (Certificate of Registration)
• DTI Certificate of Business Reg./ SEC Reg. Articles of Partnership or Incorporation (for a corporation)
• Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC)
C. Bond Collateral
#1. Cash (Php 15.00 per bird) or
#2. Real Estate Mortgage (REM)
• Original Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT)
• Current Year’s Tax Declaration
• Tax Clearance
• Tax Receipt
• Special Power of Attorney (SPA), if the property is not in the applicant’s name
D. Poultry House
E. Project Feasibility (for ground up)
F. SMFI and Contract Grower Responsibilities
– Building plans, design, and specifications
– Quality day-old chicks
– Broiler feeds and nutrition program
– Medicines and vaccines
– Technical assistance
– Laboratory services
– Information recording materials
– Ready market
– Competitive payment agreement
– Agricultural land (1-2 hectares)
– Poultry houses and facilities
– Feeds warehouse
– Electricity and water system
– Labour and security
– Poultry equipment
– Maintenance of farm facilities, roads and equipment
– Proper farm management
III. CONTACT DETAILS
For further information, please contact:
Jose Eric R. Cariaso
Manager, Capacity Development Group
SMFI Calamba Office
4th Floor DenCris Business Center
Brgy. Halang, Calamba City, Laguna
Emeliana S. Amarillo
Regulatory Affairs Coordinator / 09175075136
Rojel P. Surigao
Regulatory Affairs Coordinator / 09178514378
Pangasinan, Tarlac, Zambales, Bataan, La Union & Ilocos region
Rowell A. Gabasan / 09178678347
Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya
Engr. Vladimir A. Bayan / 09178258441
Bulacan, Rizal & Laguna
Rojel P. Surigao / 09178514378
Nathaniel Gil P. Arca / 09771991567
Batangas & Cavite
Hermin T. Dimaunahan / 09175111076
Eugene P. Camerino / 09054633076
Visayas – Mindanao Operations:
Visayas & Southern Mindanao
Edroel M. Dilla / 09177243169
Gary M. Patam / 09175117407
IV. APPLICATION FORMS
Request application form here.
For LUZON Area:
Contact Person: Dr. Jorge Manahan
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For VISAYAS Area:
Contact Person: Engr. Eugene P. Camerino
Email Address: email@example.com
For MINDANAO Area:
Contact Person: Mr. Philip P. Sardeñola
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for latest details and updated contact information.
Contact the person nearest to your location if the above details cannot give the specific information you needed like minimum capital and other things.
A family in Central Negros started with just a small building and after three years, the whole family is already earning at least ₱2.8 million yearly net income. You can too if you have interest in this business.
This type of business is ideal for retiring Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW), especially seafarers and other professionals who saved money for their future plans.
Entering into a business is difficult especially if you have no technical knowledge. Magnolia will provide everything you need if your land and structure pass their inspection.
Do not invest your hard-earned money into some kind of business that promises you a big return. There is no such kind of business other than investment a scam. The Philippines needed hundreds of thousands of dressed chicken every day – you can be one of the chicken suppliers one day if you start now.
Okd2.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon(.com, .co.uk, .ca etc) and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.