A lot of long lost friends asking me why I am still single every time I meet some of them and I can’t really give them my best answer that would convince them to believe me. Most of them are married.
The moment someone asks me why I am still single my answer is simple. “I am still enjoying my life and I am happy being single”. Most people don’t understand this concept.
Is happiness can be found only by getting married? Definitely not and there are more unhappy married people than single ones. If you are happy being married then good for you. I am happy being single so we have something in common. We both happy so there’s no problem.
Marriage is a nightmare for many unhappy married couples. Majority of men says “sex stops after marriage” and I believe its true.
Top 10 reasons why some men prefer to remain single.
- Men can get sex without marriage.
- They can enjoy the benefits of having a wife by cohabiting rather than marrying.
- They want to avoid divorce and its financial risks.
- They want to wait until they are older to have children.
- They fear that marriage will require too many changes and compromises.
- They are still waiting for the perfect soul mate, and she hasn’t appeared yet.
- They face a few social pressures today to marry.
- They are reluctant to marry a woman who already has children.
- They want to own a house before they get a wife.
- They want to enjoy the single life for as long as they possibly can.
Two of my former girlfriends who badly hurt me are both married now and I cannot say they are happy after abandoning me. The other one, who is still my best friend always tells me how lucky I am (still being single) and how unlucky she is. I am always telling her “it’s your choice, live with it”. Others say they are happy being married but in reality, they are living in vain with a lot of marriage problems – especially the financial ones.
I am not saying that I am not going to marry. The answer is “only time can tell”. I believe you have a good plan for your life why you get married at a young age, so then I have my own plan as well why I am not getting married yet.
Leave your comment below if you have something to say.
Leave Your Comments